from Life’s Hurts, Hang-ups & Habits.
If you want freedom from life’s hurts, hang-ups, and habits we encourage you to check out Celebrate Recovery at Northside Christian Church on Friday evenings. This ministry seeks to celebrate God’s healing and redemptive power in our lives through the 8 Recovery Principles Celebrate Recovery is based on.
We invite you to use our ministry to experience change, allow God’s grace to help you solve life’s problems, and allow him to release you from your addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors that have been holding you back from authentic joy in your life.
Friday night schedule:
5:30 – 6:30pm – Dinner
6:30 – 7:30pm – Large Group Meeting
7:30 – 8:30pm – Open Share Groups
8:30 – 9:30pm – Cross Talk Cafe
Northside Christian Church
2777 E. Nees Ave.
Fresno, Ca. 93720
559-323-9675 ext. 101
The Purpose of Celebrate Recovery
Celebrate Recovery is a spiritual growth discipleship program designed to help people live a free life devoted to Jesus Christ. It is designed to help broken and hurting people overcome life’s adversities and discover freedom and healing from hurts, habits, and hang ups. CR is for anyone who wants to discover true freedom and experience genuine joy and purpose in life. It truly is a program that anyone and everyone should attend.
Who is Celebrate Recovery For?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have trouble setting limits for yourself?
- Do you sacrifice your identity, desires or needs to make others feel good about themselves?
- Do you struggle feeling safe when you are not in control?
- Do you raise your voice to get your way?
- Do you act kind on the outside but bitter on the inside?
- Do you use food, sex/pornography, relationships, alcohol or drugs to cope with life’s problems?
- Do you struggle with body image?
- Do you ever know the right thing to do but don’t do it?
- Do you love someone struggling with destructive behaviors such as pornography, drugs or alcohol?
- Do you live with someone who abuses you physically, sexually or emotionally or feel the continued effects from past traumas & abuse?
- Do you ever know that something is wrong but do it anyway?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, welcome to the human race and Celebrate Recovery where you will find a group of fellow strugglers all working to get well. You will discover that you are not alone and when you share your hurt, habit or hang up with anyone at CR, the most common response you will hear is, “Me too.”
CR is a “Me too” kind of place where no perfect people are allowed and all are welcome to participate in a Christ Centered program that heals and sets people free from all hurts, habits and hang ups through the power of Jesus Christ in community with other people.
What About My Children?
We are happy to provide child care for children 5th grade and younger ($5/child, $10 max/family). Please make other arrangements for older children; for safety reasons, they are not allowed on campus unsupervised.
Volunteering at CR
If you would like to volunteer with CR, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call 559-323-9675 x 101